It seems like people are always finding ways to put themselves down. It’s no surprise because we live in a society that is so obsessed with appearance that we try to set unreasonable expectations upon the general public. All this really serves to do is put people in depressive states and constantly worry about their weight and appearance.
For those of you who are glued to the scale (get off the scale!), there is something that you need to be aware of, and that’s bloating. People often mistake weight increases or a big tummy for a fat gain, but there’s often a good chance that it’s temporary and due to bloating.
Do you know anyone who complains about stomach pains and gas? SHARE this with them!
Surprisingly, There Are Quite A Few Things That Will Bloat You, But There Are Luckily A Lot Of Ways To Fix It! So, What Causes Bloating?
1. Insufficient Water Intake Can Be A Huge Problem. Dehydration Can Be A Pretty Big Issue That Most People Don’t Realize Is Affecting Them.
How Do You Fix It? Simple, Drink More Water (Or Fluids In General). A Good Minimum Is About 8 Cups Per Day (2 Liters). Excessive Amounts Of Caffeine Could Also Be Drying You Out, So Maybe Tune Back The 20 Coffees Per Day.
2. Constipation Is A Really Unfortunate Issue That Can Cause Bloating. It Essentially Clogs You Up, Leaving All Those Gasses Inside Of You As Well. Ouch.
How Do You Get Unclogged? Add Some Fiber To Your Diet, But Do It Slowly. You’ll Probably Want Somewhere Between 25-35g Fiber Per Day, So Get To Eating Those Fruits And Veggies!
3. Stressed Out? Well, That Could Be Bloating You As Well, Which Could Stress You Out More And Just Create An Endless Cycle. Ah!
Take A Bit Of Time And Just Relax. Go For A Nice Walk, Hang Out With Some Friends, Or Just Do Something You Thoroughly Enjoy. Sometimes Worrying Just Isn’t Worth It.
4. You Could Be Eating Too Fast. I Know, I Know, You Just Want All Of That Delicious Food In Your Mouth, But Is It Really Worth It?
Sadly, No, It’s Not Worth It. Just Slow Down A Bit And Take Your Time Eating. There’s No Race, I Promise (Unless You’re A Professional Eater)!
5. Carbohydrates. There’s No Need To Demonize Carbs, But They Could Be Causing You To Bloat. Things Like Beans, Broccoli, And Sugar Alcohols Can Be At Fault Here (But The Fiber!).
This Fix Definitely Isn’t An Easy One, But Try Switching Up How Much Of These Things You’re Eating. Eat Some Beans And See How You Feel And Either Increase Or Decrease The Amount You Eat, Then Do It With Another Carb Source.
If None Of These Things Are Working, Then Trying Getting Some More Exercise In. Being Sedentary Is A Huge Contributor To Bloating.